Tuesday, April 7, 2015

*Ahem* Sorry, I've been MIA

So, the good news? He's here! Haha. I definitely did not keep up with my posts, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the third trimester FLEW by! Once we found out we were expecting a little boy we took off with preparations. I think I reached a point, emotionally, in accepting that I may never fully feel comfortable or 'safe' (although I dislike using that term when it comes to pregnancy) in my pregnancy, that I still needed to accept the reality that all signs were pointing to us bringing home our baby boy in December.  That meant there was a LOT of work to do, so off we went and with that came prioritizing my time in research and projects to prepare our home, hearts, and heads for our little guy.

I did continue to document my weekly bump, though, so let's catch up with those first, shall we?

25 Weeks - part of our "announcement" on FB (you should see how many tries it took for us to get this just perfectly to my liking...picky much? :))


26 Weeks - still fit into my Russell Wilson jersey!


27 Weeks


28 Weeks


29 Weeks!


30 Weeks - only 10 more weeks to go - eek!


 31 Weeks


32 Weeks


33 Weeks


34 Weeks - T-shirts under work-appropriate cardigans and yoga pants with boots were my go-to outfit.  I liked to keep myself as comfortable as possible while cooking my little human.


35 Weeks - Started to run out of clothes that fit my growing belly!


At 36 Weeks, we had our baby shower, which was a blast!  And I hiked up to Artist Point.  It's amazing what our bodies are capable of!





37 Weeks - Stephen was feeling ready!


38 Weeks - Hanging out with family at Thanksgiving and navigating through a lot of "you're eating for TWO" comments.


39 Weeks - My last week of work...no more work bathroom selfies!


40 Weeks - no sign of the little man arriving!


41 Weeks exactly - I had started to have contractions late in the evening on the prior day.  Don't I look glamorous here? I took time to do my hair and now that I've been through this once, I realize that means you're PROBABLY NOT DILATING OR AS FAR INTO LABOR AS YOU THOUGHT AND MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO HAVE THE BABY THAT DAY!  Proceed to the next photo


41 Weeks and 1 day - That's a little more like it.  That's the "I better snap this photo before the next contraction comes" smile that looks more like a grimace because I had been up for 24 hours working through contractions at this point and had already given up on plans for a natural birth after being told I was only "maybe a stretchy 1cm".  4 powerful words flew out of my mouth at that point and they were "GIVE ME THE DRUGS."



41 Weeks and 2 days at 8:33am, my bump resident came Earth-side via emergency C-section.  He's the most beautiful, precious, precarious joy I've ever encountered. I still remember my body shaking in the OR not from the drugs (but maybe a little from the drugs) but from sheer excitement and anticipation in meeting this little guy.  I was on the cusp of colliding with this exciting, scary, awesome new world and one that I was going to be playing a major role in.  And just like that.  Boom.  Eivin was born.



I'm going to break now, but plan on writing out his whole birth story.  I actually wrote it out closer to when he was born while it was still fresh in my head.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment